I am a big fan of baked vegetables, and since I am in the middle of the #30Days30Salads challenge, I said why not prepare one with baked veggies?
I used some fresh vegetables that I baked and served on a bed of greens. I topped them with crumbled feta and dressed them with balsamic vinaigrette. I loved the result.
You can grill the vegetables instead of baking them, and you can replace the feta cheese with fresh mozzarella. But I insist that it’s just perfect the way it is.
Baked vegetables Salad Recipe
- 1 large carrot sliced lengthwise
- 2 small eggplants sliced lengthwise
- 2 marrows sliced lengthwise
- ½ red bell pepper cut into cubes
- ½ yellow bell pepper cut into big cubes
- 6 sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups mixed greens (I used rocket leaves and mizuna)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Put the marrows, eggplants, carrots and bell peppers in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with basil, oregano, salt and pepper and brush with 1.5 tbsp olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes, then add the sliced mushrooms and bake for another 20 minutes (or less, depending on your oven and taste).
- To prepare the dressing, put the mustard, balsamic vinegar and remaining olive oil in a sealed jar and shake well to blend. Season the dressing with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Put the greens in the bottom of a serving bowl. Top with the baked veggies and cheese. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve warm.