Day 19. Number of salads prepared: 20. Not bad.
Today, I am sharing a salad that I prepared to accompany an Indian Beef Khorma.
I wanted something different, so, after some research, I decided to go for this Indian style potato salad with turmeric and green peas from Holy Cow – vegan recipes blog.
I did a few changes only; I replaced coconut milk with yogurt, and then I adapted the quantities of the dressing’s ingredients to my personal taste.
Here’s my adapted recipe below. My picture looks nothing close to the original one though (lol). But Despite my poor styling and photography skills, I recommend you give it a try.
Indian Style Green Peas and Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
To prepare the dressing:
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 spring chopped green onions
- Cilantro leaves to decorate
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Boil potatoes in a large pot of boiling water until tender. Drain immediately and leave to cool. Cut into medium cubes.
- Boil the peas for 2-3 minutes, until a bit tender, but still crunchy. Drain and add to the potatoes.
- To prepare the dressing: heat the oil in a small saucepan and fry in the mustard seeds. When they crackle, add the turmeric, red pepper flakes, and ginger. Stir-fry for 30 seconds then remove from heat. Let cool for a few minutes, then stir in the yogurt and lemon juice and stir well. Pour dressing over the potatoes and mix the ingredients well.
- Decorate with spring onions and cilantro before serving.