Today, I am starting a new challenge that I hope will help me restart living healthier and hopefully lose some weight.
I’ve been cooking a lot lately, and I unfortunately cut off all salads and raw veggies from my diet, so I think it’s time to be back!
As I am travelling on the 26th of next month, I have one whole month for the challenge. I’ll call it: #30Days30Salads.
During this month, I commit to add 30 different salad recipes. Okay, not 30. A small confession: this first salad, I prepared it a few days ago, and that’s how I felt how much I missed salads. So I am giving myself a small push: I need 29 salads in 30 days.
This goat cheese salad is exceptional. I had a lot of figs at home – end of season – and I wanted to do something interesting with them, so here’s my masterpiece!
Fig and Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
- 1 Lollo rosso lettuce
- 1 bunch of rocket leaves
- 100 g goat cheese, crumbled
- 12 figs
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Flax seeds
To prepare the dressing:
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Arrange the lettuce leaves in a serving bowl.
- In a medium bowl, put the tomato halves, the mushroom slices, the flax seeds and the crumbled cheese. Gently mix. Transfer to the serving bowl.
- Form an X on top of the figs using a knife and add them to the bowl. Sprinkle with the flax seeds.
- To prepare the dressing, mix together the mustard and the honey. Add the lemon juice and mix well, then add the oil and whisk until combined. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the salad when serving.