Baked Daoud Basha.. yummy
Ramadan starts soon, and this is the busiest season for a food website. That’s why I have been away for a while.
But being away from my blog does not mean that I was away from my kitchen. Not at all!
I’ve been actually very busy in my kitchen, with a lot of recipes testing for this season. How can I not love my job?
As I can’t share with you all the recipes now, I will just post some of my best pictures, and I’ll leave it for later on to post my yummy creations.
A different lasagna – with ricotta
A chicken bake that I’ll be doing often
Eggplant Maqlooba… My pride 😀
Baked potatoes with a special topping 😉
A different potato gratin
There’s always room for dessert! The laziest cake ever… with coconut & chocolate!
I had ripe bananas at home and I wanted to use them for preparing a cake, so I don’t end up throwing them. I’ve been throwing a lot of food lately, and I am feeling horrible about it.
I remembered a chocolate banana cake that a friend – Phatima from Phatima’s box did once for Atyab Tabkha. I searched for the recipe and it was very easy, so I decided that the cake was going to be the first thing that I’ll do the next morning.
You can check the original recipe here. I only reduced the sugar and used a bundt pan. It took more than the initial 35 minutes in the oven – about 45 minutes.
The result was awesome, even though it took some time to flip out of the pan! (Hell, I was scared!)
The cake is extremely moist and everyone loved it. It’s perfect to serve with coffee. I will be doing it again for sure!
Now let’s check the recipe.
Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Spray a bundt cake pan with butter (I am using Lurpak Mist and I think it’s very practical).
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a big bowl. In another bowl, beat the eggs with the bananas, milk, vegetable oil, water and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients to the eggs mixture and mix until homogeneous.
- Pour into the pan and bake for around 45 minutes, until done (You may start testing for doneness after 35 minutes). Remove from oven. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before flipping it on a serving plate.